Design and CSS styles
Version 6.x > Design and CSS styles > CMSMENU webpart layout after upgrade View modes: 
kelly-lion - 7/17/2012 1:01:26 PM

CMSMENU webpart layout after upgrade
In 5.5R2 these menu items rendered correctly. Now, how do I force the correct width on all elements?
User image
and
User image

And while on the subject, why does the li tag of the elements have so many id tags?
e.g. <li id="nav_LI_1_1_339" id="nav_LI_1_2_339" id="nav_LI_1_3_339" id="nav_LI_1_4_339" style=""><a href="/Newsletter" style="" >Subscribe to Newsletter</a></li>
<li id="nav_LI_1_1_339" id="nav_LI_1_2_339" id="nav_LI_1_3_339" id="nav_LI_1_4_339" id="nav_LI_1_5_339" style=""><a href="/Newsletter-Preferences" style="" >Subscription Preferences</a></li>

kelly-lion - 7/17/2012 1:02:32 PM

RE:CMSMENU webpart layout after upgrade
Img tag didn't work.
Menu images can be seen at http://www.lion.com/graphics/menu1.jpg and http://www.lion.com/graphics/menu2.jpg

andy-procaresoftware - 7/20/2012 1:19:22 PM

We're having similar issues with the default List Menus in the Intranet Portal installation using the Portal Engine. The 3rd level items display inline with 2nd level. I've tried all 5 templates (defaullt, Green, Blue, Orange and Green) and it appears to do the same thing on each one. Was there a recent hotfix for this?
User image

Contests should be a flyout with several pages listed under it.

Also when the last item has subpages it blows out all over. Addittionally there are elements within the pages that are floating above the menu,

User image

This is a fresh install. Please update me with proper CSS for this (via email). The site is not online for viewing.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ivanat - 7/22/2012 11:23:40 AM

Hi,

a default installation displays only one level menu, so you probably has changed its configuration. In case you would like to display 3 levels please take a look at menu configuration here:
css level prefixes

You can set 'Render CSS classes' within 'CSS list menu' webpart properties and insert following 'CSS prefix': main;sub;subsub

This will enforce that 'subsub' prefix will be added to your third level menu items (<ul> tags).

As for floating - you just need to add z-index css property to you css definition to move menu higher.

Best regards,
Ivana Tomanickova

kelly-lion - 7/27/2012 12:45:52 PM

No one has any thoughts on why the menu doesn't colorize to the same width? I think it has to do with the multiple instances of the id tag, but could be wrong.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ivanat - 7/22/2012 11:36:52 AM

Hi,

I checked the code generated by css list menu web part and there was not id elements duplicated.

Have you changed th e code of css list menu web part?
Are you using some external java scripts?
As for width of second level of menu, could you please check the link below and make sure that correct css class for second level is configured.
Could you please also try to apply the latest hotfix? I have tested behavior on hotfix 39 so it is possible that there was some bug fixed.

Best regards,
Ivana Tomanickova

andy-procaresoftware - 7/23/2012 12:49:38 PM

Thanks, like I said, default install with only the nesting level changed. I've tried the 5 stylesheets that were in the install and the menu has the same issues so at this point I'm thinking it is something more then CSS or that the Default CSS is incomplete.

We'll try the hotfix and get back to you. Thank you for helping troubleshoot this.

andy-procaresoftware - 7/23/2012 6:17:42 PM

I am seeing a class for the top level in the firsdt sublevel. It seems like code error someplace in the CSS List Menu code. I can't fix that. I'll wait and see if the hotfix works.
User image

When I try a new list menu from scratch it also differes from the default List menu. The ListMenu web parts appears to be differently in the Intranet Portal. There is some scripts handling the location (Departments etc)

Intranet TopMenu
User image

CSS List Menu wab part
User image

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ivanat - 7/24/2012 9:10:23 PM

Hi,

I cannot see any error in the code you provided.

In case you need 3level menu, you need to write css classes. An inspiration you can find here:
css style

It is only for two levels.

In properties of your web part you need to define property CSS prefix. For example you can set it to: top;second;third

Now if you check the code, each level will have the class in its name. Based on it you can write a css definition for each level.

You also need to check options Render CSS classes and Apply menu design.

Best regards,
Ivana Tomanickova

andy-procaresoftware - 7/26/2012 1:53:38 PM

So that I can be clear, here is what I'm asking:

I'm now seeking support to remedy the issue and you are telling me to write my own CSS because the code provided by Kentico does not work? I am thinking it's more an issue with the HTML building the list menu calling the incorrect classes. Can you tell me specifically where I can find this code?

I have to say I had better hopes at getting this fixed. I renew support each year and when I install a template using the portal engine (which is why I bought Kentico in the first place) I expect it to work. I used the Internet Portal template and out of the box the navigation is broken and you answer is to write my own code to fix it. I'm not too excited about the extras work that puts off on me.

Thank you for doing what you can.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ivanat - 7/27/2012 9:36:33 PM

Hi,

as you said you are using an example template which was configured (and css was written) to display one level menu). In case of this web part you cannot simply change the Nested level property. In this case you also need to write or download css for these levels.

The web part generates ul li structure with css classes which you can use to define requested design.

Or do you mean that CSS prefix property you configured in the web part was not generated correctly? In this case could you please grant us with an access on your site and send it to support@kentico.com

In case the only issue is missing css, you can find inspiration for example on this page:
css example

Best regards,
Ivana Tomanickova

andy-procaresoftware - 7/31/2012 3:39:42 PM

Yes, what I am asaying is that the menu appears to be complete and the dropdown menu's are hard coded someplace with the classes for the Top level (they inhereit same background, etc...

The best I can do is a remote connect through Techinline.com. We have an account to do this. Please email me a time (PST) that we can coincide. Thank you.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ivanat - 8/2/2012 4:55:50 PM

Hi,

a remote session in not a part of standard support, you may schedule a consulting meeting for it.

But you can send us your database backup so we can restore it and check the code generated by the web part.

Best regards,
Ivana Tomanickova

sansokw-caerphilly.gov - 1/13/2014 9:39:02 AM

Hey kelly-lion

Did you ever resolve the duplicate IDs issue within the css list menu.

I am in the process of testing upgrading from 5.5r2 to 6.0 and have exactly the same issue. Each li has an extra id added, this is then affecting the css styles that I've created to style the menus
<li class="topCMSListMenuLI" id="menuElem_LI_0_1_1827" id="menuElem_LI_0_2_1827"><a href="/Kentico/Departments/Equalities-and-Welsh-Language/Contacts.aspx" class="topCMSListMenuLink" title="Contacts" >Contacts</a></li>
<li class="topCMSListMenuLI" id="menuElem_LI_0_1_1827" id="menuElem_LI_0_2_1827" id="menuElem_LI_0_3_1827"><a href="/Kentico/Departments/Equalities-and-Welsh-Language/Community-Cohesion---Hate-Crime.aspx" class="topCMSListMenuLink" title="Cohesion & Hate Crime" >Cohesion & Hate Crime</a></li>