Site structure
Version 6.x > Site structure > Give Users or Roles Archive Permissions View modes: 
phillip.duncan@gmail.com - 4/24/2013 8:53:16 AM

Give Users or Roles Archive Permissions
I've looked through all the documentation and I can't find how to give a role Archive permissions. I want the basic Content Editor user to be able to Archive documents. I can see some settings in Administration -> Permissions, but I don't see anything to allow users/roles to Archive documents.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_romank - 4/24/2013 9:58:52 AM

RE:Give Users or Roles Archive Permissions
Hi,

The role you are talking about should have all of the workflow permissions or only archive permission?

For the first option you will have to assign these permissions to the role:

Site Manager -> Administration -> Users -> content_editor_user -> General -> Is editor (checked)

For their Role (lets call it content_editor_role) you need to set

Site Manager -> Administration -> Roles -> content_editor_role -> Permissions -> Module -> Content:
Browse tree, Read, Modify and Manage worklow
(all checked)

Site Manager -> Administration -> Roles -> content_editor_role -> UI personalization -> CMS Desk -> Content (checked)

Site Manager -> Administration -> Roles -> content_editor_role -> UI personalization -> Content -> Page (checked)

As for the second option you will have to use advanced workflow to achieve this functionality, it can not be done if you are using basic workflow.

Best Regards,
Roman Konicek