Site structure
Version 6.x > Site structure > Localize Search Mode Dropdown Select View modes: 
phillip.duncan@gmail.com - 4/10/2013 11:26:58 AM

Localize Search Mode Dropdown Select
I need to be able to localize the Search Mode type dropdown select that is visible on the Search Results page.

I localized the Search button with a UI Culture String {$hv.custom.search$}, but I can't find any info on localizing the DropDown that lets the user select

Any Word
Exact Phrase
All Words

phillip.duncan@gmail.com - 4/10/2013 12:23:19 PM

RE:Localize Search Mode Dropdown Select
Also stumbled across another item that was missed when localizing our site. How would I localize a <asp:LinkButton> default text value:

<asp:LinkButton ID="LinkButton_Remove" runat="server" CssClass="btn bg" Text="Remove" CommandArgument='<%# Eval("NodeID") %>' OnClick="LinkButton_Remove_Click"></asp:LinkButton>

I need the "Remove" value to be localized per country.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 4/23/2013 6:53:55 AM

Hello.

As for your second question, you can use ResHelper.GetString(“string.key”) method to setup the Text property from code-behind. This method replaces the macro with the appropriate language version of the given resource string.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 4/23/2013 6:51:57 AM

Hello.

You can find these strings in the <project folder>/CMSResources/CMS.resx file. These are key names for particular values:

"Exact Phrase": cmssearchdialog.searchmode.exactphrase
"Any Word": cmssearchdialog.searchmode.anyword
"All Words": cmssearchdialog.searchmode.allwords

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik