ASPX templates
Version 6.x > ASPX templates > credit card expiration date dropdown menu not working View modes: 
Tony - 12/6/2013 12:27:36 PM

credit card expiration date dropdown menu not working
hello everyone,

newbie here so bare with me..

During the credit card processing part it seems the dropdown menu isn't working, everything else is fine.. I do not know how to access or fix this.. any help or lead in the right direction is appreciated! Thank you!

Sincerely,
-Tony

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_filipl - 12/8/2013 8:07:23 AM

RE:credit card expiration date dropdown menu not working
Hello Tony,

Have you also tried it on E-commerce sample site? I checked it there and it seems to be working.

Also, by not working, do you mean the drop-down does not show any options when you click it?

Thank you for specifying the issue a little further.

Best regards,
Filip Ligac

Tony - 12/17/2013 5:45:24 AM

Hello,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the really late reply, been really busy!

But to specify, I have taken responsibility over a website that has a subscription feature that customers pay through credit card processing. Everything pretty much works but whoever dealt with this website before seems to have messed up some functionality, which is the drop down for the expiration year isn't showing anything.

I'm still new to Kentico, but I've been pretty much learning how to use it to a certain degree. I've been able to find the problem. As I looked through the source code through my browser, I was able to find missing code for the expiration year. Being new to Kentico, I do not know how to edit the javascript/c# code from Kentico.

So new question, How do I edit this code to add the missing code?

I was able to find a possible way to edit it through the design tab after clicking one the page that has the credit card payment feature, editing the "layout", which shows much of the c#/javascript code I need to add, but it will not let me edit the "default" layout code without saving a "new" name. When I make this "new" layout, everything goes haywire and the page messes up.

How would I go about doing this... any push in the right direction is greatly appreciated! Sorry if is this asking too much, I just do not know how to work Kentico. Thanks!

regards,
Tony

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_filipl - 12/23/2013 4:43:09 AM

Hello Tony,

Code files for credit card details which you enter during the checkout process are located in ~\CMSModules\Ecommerce\Controls\PaymentGateways\AuthorizeNetForm.ascx and .cs files. Drop-down lists for credit card expiration are then initialized and filled with data (months and years) in InitializeLists() method so you can check if this method is called in your version.

However, I would suggest sending us an e-mail to support@kentico.com with your code files for this control. This way we could investigate them and find out whether they are modified incorrectly which results in drop-down lists not working properly and possibly send you correct files instead.

Best regards,
Filip Ligac