ASPX templates
Version 6.x > ASPX templates > Email - Discount coupon View modes: 
seanbun - 7/17/2013 8:19:25 PM

Email - Discount coupon
I have implemented Discount coupon function for my client on Kentico v6. I found a question.

Order table keeps all order records. Order is coupled to DiscountCoupon by a OrderDiscountCouponID foreign key in the Order table. One issue is when the discount value is updated in an existing discount coupon. All related old orders will be affected. The order item tab in the Ecommerce tab or regenerate the order invoice. Apparently, Kentico does not have enough tractability for the discount coupon functionality.

I have not looked at Ecommerce v7 yet. Would discount coupon functionality has different implementation on 7?

Kentico Customer Success
Kentico Customer Success
kentico_martind2 - 7/20/2013 7:54:11 PM

RE:Email - Discount coupon
Hello Sean,

Yes, you are right, this is also exactly the same way hot it works in Kentico v7 and this behaviour is by design. It should be completely re-designed in version 8.

However you are able to store any custom data in the
DB table: COM_Order
column: OrderCustomData

Best Regards,
Martin Danko

seanbun - 7/21/2013 11:55:50 PM

RE:Email - Discount coupon
Thank you, Martin.

Glad to hear about the redesign on version 8. Traceability is a big concern to my client. :) In the meantime, we would use custom code to satisfy the requirements. Hopefully, it would not make the upgrade harder in the future. :)