Installation and deployment Questions on installation, system configuration and deployment to the live server.
Version 6.x > Installation and deployment > 500.19 error on Windows 7 IIS localhost View modes: 
mpaulin - 9/27/2013 9:45:07 AM

500.19 error on Windows 7 IIS localhost
Greetings,
I have installed Kentico 6 on a Windows 7 Pro using IIS and localhost.

I get the 500.19 error referencing lock at parent level. I found a thread elsewhere on the forum about downloading and running the Web Installer from Microsoft and that would clear the issue. I have version 4.6 (current version) and still have the 500.19 error. I rebooted my machine and still receive the error. Any ideas? Thanks

Kentico Legend
Kentico Legend
Brenden Kehren - 9/27/2013 12:40:15 PM

RE:500.19 error on Windows 7 IIS localhost
Can you get the site to start at all in IIS? I've had similar issues where my Skype instance was blocking or using the resource. Once I stopped Skype and restarted I was able to start/use the site without issue.

mpaulin - 9/27/2013 12:56:32 PM

Thanks for your reply! Site will not start at all in IIS. I have tried shutting off and restarting the site in IIS manager, I have also stopped and restarted the App Pools. Still end up with the error. I don't use Skpe or any IM programs and this 'development' box is not connected to the internet.

kentico_sandroj - 9/27/2013 1:26:51 PM

Hello,

Would it be possible to provide all of the text from the error page or a screenshot which shows it? 500.19 are configuration issues outside of Kentico but we may have some suggestions.

Best Regards,
Sandro Jankovic

mpaulin - 9/27/2013 1:42:24 PM

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I can provide the text (screenshot) of the page. I am not at that machine now and it may be Monday before I can post. I have seen numerous threads on the forum from individuals that have 500.19 errors at the end of the Kentico installation - at the point when you click the link in the last step of the installer to start the site. Locked at Parent level issue. Mike

kentico_sandroj - 9/27/2013 4:10:48 PM

Great, I'll be waiting for the screenshot on Monday. In the meantime, this article may help.

Thanks,
Sandro

mpaulin - 10/3/2013 2:41:21 PM

Greetings,
I have an image to send you - screen shot. I click the insert image button and it asks for image URL. Hope this works. C:\Users\mpaulin\Desktop\HTTP Error 500.png

mpaulin - 10/3/2013 2:43:17 PM

Sandro
My image did not upload using the 'attach image'. How can I get the screen shot to you? Have not seen an 'attach image' feature like this - most will let you navigate to the image and then when you click the image - it will upload to the post.
Thanks

kentico_edwardh - 10/4/2013 9:17:20 PM

Hello,

If the locking error you are referring to is:

This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".”

It usually indicates you have a mismatch between the app pool .NET Version and the project .NET version/web.config version, your .NET framework is corrupt and you need to run the aspnet_regiis -i command to register .NET Framework, or you have nested web.config files within your project folder.
If you cannot upload the file to some external service, you can always email us – support@kentico.com

Best Regards,
Edward Hillard