Installation and deployment Questions on installation, system configuration and deployment to the live server.
Version 6.x > Installation and deployment > Issue importing site when running on Azure View modes: 
yourwellness.net - 5/19/2012 5:46:24 AM

Issue importing site when running on Azure
We are testing azure for our needs I have exported our site from its current position but when importing I am getting the following error:

Error during temporary files creation. Original exception: There is not enough space on the disk.

Any idea how to get around this? The Zip export is 397 mb

M

kentico_edwardh - 5/19/2012 10:09:09 AM

RE:Issue importing site when running on Azure
Hello,

There is not enough space left on your Azure hosted disk according to this error message. Please increase the capacity of the physical space on your hosting server or delete/remove unnecessarily files from your hosted disk.

Best Regards,
Edward Hillard

vasu - 5/22/2013 8:49:42 AM

Hello ,

I have faced following error with 'Smartsearch' in Kentico 7 Azure.
Event ID: 52024
Event type: Error
Event time: 5/22/2013 1:31:33 PM
Source: Smart search
Event code: REBUILD
IP address:

Description: Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Stack Trace:

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, RuntimeType declaringType)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
at CMS.IO.StorageProvider.GetFileStream(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at CMS.IO.FileStream.New(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at CMS.SiteProvider.SearchDirectory.OpenInput(String name)
at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentInfos.Read(Directory directory, String segmentFileName)
at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentInfos.AnonymousClassFindSegmentsFile.DoBody(String segmentFileName)
at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentInfos.FindSegmentsFile.run()
at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentInfos.Read(Directory directory)
at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter.Init(Directory d, Analyzer a, Boolean create, Boolean closeDir)
at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter..ctor(Directory d, Analyzer a, Boolean create)
at CMS.SiteProvider.SearchIndexInfo.GetWriter(Boolean create)
at CMS.SiteProvider.SearchHelper.Rebuild(SearchIndexInfo srchInfo, String cultures, IEnumerable`1 sites, Hashtable allowedNodes, Hashtable excludedNodes, Boolean fullRebuild)
at CMS.SiteProvider.SearchHelper.Rebuild(SearchIndexInfo srchInfo)
There is not enough space on the disk.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
at CMS.AzureStorage.BlobInfoProvider.GetBlobContent(BlobInfo bi)
at CMS.AzureStorage.FileStream.InitFileStream()
at CMS.AzureStorage.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at CMS.AzureStorage.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)

Machine name:
Event URL:
URL referrer:
User agent:

My Azure hosted disk space is 1GB, after application hosted free space is 553 MB.

Please help me.

Thanks
Vasu

kentico_edwardh - 5/31/2013 4:45:48 PM

Hello Vasu,

Please take a look at this config key:
<LocalStorage cleanOnRoleRecycle="false" name="TomcatLocation" sizeInMB="2048" />

You may need to increase the key size.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/ee758708.aspx

or

http://vkreynin.wordpress.com/2010/01/10/learning-azure-local-storage-with-me/

Best Regards,
Edward Hillard

vasu - 6/10/2013 8:51:53 AM

Hello Edward,

Thanks for your reply.

I getting this problem in Cloud Environment. I have tested in local Azure Emulator. It is working fine. When I deployed project in Cloud environment and try to build index, it getting the above mentioned errors.

Any idea about Kentico Smart Search how to work in Cloud environment?

Thanks
Vasu

kentico_edwardh - 6/14/2013 3:38:51 PM

Hello Vasu,

The smart search settings in the CMS are the same. However it depends on the environment and search role setup, please see the Azure guide for more information:

devnet.kentico.com/docs/azureguide/configuring_the_application.htm

Best Regards,
Edward Hillard

Certified Developer v7
Certified  Developer v7
wdaugherty-dataspringinc - 8/6/2013 12:02:35 PM

I have run up against this issue as well but I do not see in the documentation what the recommended settings need to be for local storage with SmartSearch. I realize that size of the storage would be dependent on what size of my indexes but do I need to have a specific local storage defined in service definition file? I don't have the one mentioned in a previous post. Any help understanding how and why smart search uses local storage would be appreciated.

kentico_edwardh - 8/14/2013 3:22:26 PM

Hello,

I am a little confused by your post. The SmartSearchWorker defined in the ServiceDefinition file is only defining which setting to use for Search storage and not the location. In the ServiceConfiguration.Local file you can define the local search storage location, and you define the cloud search storage location in the ServiceConfiguration.Cloud config file.

Best Regards,
Edward Hillard