Installation and deployment Questions on installation, system configuration and deployment to the live server.
Version 6.x > Installation and deployment > asp.net v 4.5 and charting in kentico 6.x View modes: 
morgan.schwertfeger-gmail - 12/24/2012 4:59:21 AM

asp.net v 4.5 and charting in kentico 6.x
My host provider has upgraded their service to allow asp.net 4.5. My site - in kentico 6 I believe, has stopped showing charts. The error seems to be in the asp.net data.visualization.charting library. The host recommends we check for any compatibility issues in asp.net between version 3.5 and 4.5. has anyone had any issues with this yet??

thanks. Morgz.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 12/24/2012 8:35:03 AM

RE:asp.net v 4.5 and charting in kentico 6.x
Hi,

I am afraid but .Net 4.5 was not supported in Kentico 6. You will need to install new v7 of Kentico for .Net 4.5 and then migrate (e.g. export and import, but I would recommend the standard upgrade and then use the web.config file from the .Net 4.5 installation together with given DLL files).

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

morgan.schwertfeger-gmail - 12/27/2012 9:14:46 PM

thanks juraj. I wonder if they can just point the 3.5 / 4.0 asp.net framework at my site as they run sidebyside??

Morgz.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 12/28/2012 12:40:40 AM

Hi,

Basically yes, however the web.config file is different for the .Net versions - different assembly versions are referenced and so on, so you may need to manually change the web.config file and change the version numbers.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus