Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > Regarding the localhost website problem View modes: 
sansugoi_sayounara-hotmail - 12/11/2011 11:13:06 PM

Regarding the localhost website problem
Hi all,

This is very very urgent..Actually my local website was working fine,, but due to some virus problem in my compute I had to format my comoputer, my database is on another computer and the folder data is in d drive, now I want to know how get the localwebsite running again in same manner, I mean with same data please guide me...

This is very very urgent..

Thanks
Sansugoi

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 12/12/2011 12:58:59 AM

RE:Regarding the localhost website problem
Hi,

This applies to every software and every data on your computer - you need to restore your backups. If you do not have any backups - too bad. There is no easy way how to recover the data. However, using Google you may find some tools which can recover deleted data (but I am not sure how it works after hard disk format).

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

sansugoi_sayounara-hotmail - 12/12/2011 1:24:26 AM

Hi Juraj

Thanks for your quick reply.. I will try that. My data was not lsot waht I wanted how to get the kentico website working again, do I again run the webinstaller?

one more thing, in free version in local host when I was trying to create a new form it is showing message :

Form can not be created due to license limitations.

Is it possible to create new form or not in free version?

ahmad.mai-edata-tc - 12/12/2011 1:44:48 AM

Hi
if you have the old database tables
than you must create new database on your new PC and named it the same as the old database name and import the old data in it
then go to the config file into the website folder and change the connection to the new database

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 12/12/2011 1:48:28 AM

Hi,

If you have the web project files and DB backups, you can just restore them and then, in the IIS you will point the web site/application physical path property to point to the restored web project files. And, in the web.config file you may need to update the connection string.

If you have the site export package, then you can run the Web installer to install a new web site (web project + database) and then import the export package to this new installation.

Regarding license limitations - In free edition you can have only one form. If you want to create another, you need to delete the previous one first.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus