Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > Regarding the Search.. View modes: 
sansugoi_sayounara-hotmail - 12/20/2011 1:19:17 AM

Regarding the Search..
Hi,,

I have added the smart search in my page and then search with letter "a" but it is not displaying the result, when I entered the word then it displayed the result.. I want the user should get the result when user enter the single character also, is it possible..

One more query is is it possible I use one template, but I want one banner on few pages and other banner is on other pages.. is it possible. because if I use one template on all pages and edit the banner then that banner will edit on all pages.. I want to display the banner on some page and other banner on other pages.

Is it possible if I enterd the data through editable pdf then that data should be submitted in database.

In document library in my page the it is showin the document name and modified and workflow steps. Can we display the file size and download link also. So that use can doenlaod the file by clicking on the download link. and where we can add the design for the document library display(header and document listing) I also want to display some document to some roles and other documents to other roles.
IS it possible if yes then how to achieve this..

Thanks
Sansugoi

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 12/20/2011 3:17:12 AM

RE:Regarding the Search..
Hello,

To search for one character you need to include an asterisk 'a*'. You can do this also programmatically.

This could be done with an custom web part which would change the banner according to it's location. There are also some banner modules in our market place available like this one .

We don't have an Editable pdf control, module or web part. So I am not sure, what do you mean by this question.

For the additional features on the document library you will have to modify the given web part. The document library can be found in CMSModules\DocumentLibrary\Controls\DocumentLibrary.ascx and it uses a UniGrid control. Please check the UniGrid definition and setup properties so you get more familiar with the concept. You can find the documentation here.

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

sansugoi_sayounara-hotmail - 12/20/2011 3:32:17 AM

Hi Boris,

Thanks for your quick reply... where to add "*a " in any setting or only by programaticaly.. as I am new to ASP.NET

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 12/21/2011 2:13:43 AM

Hello,

You can add it directly to the search dialog. For example, if you are using the smart search, then you can alter the file \CMSModules\SmartSearch\Controls\SearchResults.ascx.cs in the method Search() to add your additional code.

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

sansugoi_sayounara-hotmail - 12/20/2011 3:34:11 AM

For is it possible to create a template, when we assign that template then it will automatically create adhoc template..I don't want user to go to setting and make the clone template as adhoc..

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 12/23/2011 3:09:42 AM

Hello,

Regrettably this isn't possible by default. You will have to change the user interface and programmatically create the ad-hoc template. Please check the Save() method in the file \CMSModules\Content\CMSDesk\New\NewPage.aspx.cs for more information.

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko