Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > About blog structure View modes: 
steven4733-gmail - 1/3/2012 4:31:04 PM

About blog structure
I saw the blog structure of Kentico portal web site is combined with page(menu)->blogs->blog month->blog post. Is that possible I just use structure as page(menu)->blog post? Why it shows nothing even I created several blog posts and configure the repeater show document type blog post for page(menu)?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_janh - 1/5/2012 1:46:16 AM

RE:About blog structure
Hello,

It is possible to create a blog post under a page menu item, but you will need to allow blog post as a child document type for a page menu item, so please go to the Site Manager -> Development -> Document types -> (edit) Page (menu item) -> Child types (tab) and here you can add a Blog post as a child document type for Page menu item. So if you have - for example - a Test menu item under your root master page and you create a child blog post for it, the repeater's properties should look like the following ones:

Path: /Test/%
Document types: CMS.BlogPost
Maximum nesting level: -1
Transformation: CMS.BlogPost.Default

Please don't forget, that when you create a blog post, appropriate blog month is also created, so if you want to change this behavior, the easiest way is create a new custom document type, which will contain same fields as the blog post document type does.

Best regards,
Jan Hermann