Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > Kentico trail version is opening in only one system.. View modes: 
sansugoi_sayounara-hotmail - 1/20/2012 5:34:27 AM

Kentico trail version is opening in only one system..
Hii ,

I have installed kentico trial version in my local system, but if I try to open that local website from other system also then it is not opening..

Thanks
Sansugoi

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 1/20/2012 5:50:43 AM

RE:Kentico trail version is opening in only one system..
Hello.

Do you mean it does not work when you try to access your site via other than localhost domain? If so, you need license key for this domain. You can generate it yourself on www.kentico.com in My account section (Free edition) or you can send us a request to support@kentico.com.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

sansugoi_sayounara-hotmail - 1/20/2012 10:43:00 PM

Hi Radek,

Thanks for reply...

If I have already opened the local website in my local system, and now I try to open in other system, it some times open and some itme the style goes off and again if I refresh then it shows page can not be displayed. Now If I closed the local website from one system then it works fine in other system, I means it works fin one system , but If I try to open in 2 system same time then it shows error.. I using the one month trial version..

Please guide me what is the reason behind this..

Thanks
Sansugoi

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 1/23/2012 3:14:59 AM

Hello.

Can you clarify what do you mean by "other system" or by "system" in general?

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

sansugoi_sayounara-hotmail - 1/23/2012 5:26:02 AM

Hi Radek,

I have 3 systems in Network. I am able to open my local website only at on place , If I try to open my local website from other computer in network then it shows problems..

Thaks
Sansugoi

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 1/23/2012 5:35:21 AM

Hello.

Maybe it is still about what I wrote in my first response. I guess that when you want to open web site running on computer A from computer B, which is part of the same network, you need to use computer's name, not localhost, as localhost is local only. In this case, you need license key for that computer's name as well, as it is used as domain. What particular error message do you receive? Can you copy its text here?

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

sansugoi_sayounara-hotmail - 1/23/2012 5:47:51 AM

Hi,

I am using the computer name not localhost

Comethime it shows "The page can not be displayed" and some time the images of the website goes off, and sometime the style stops working, when I open from both the placaes..

I am using the one month trial version license form my computer name..

Thanks
Sansugoi

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 1/23/2012 6:07:39 AM

Hello.

So you have valid license key for given computer name, right? Where this license comes from, please? Is it Free edition license key? Did you modify your hosts file to match your computer name to 127.0.0.1 IP address? I would need to see that error, as maybe there is some additional info. Is it possible to make a screenshot and post it here, or send it to support@kentico.com? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

sansugoi_sayounara-hotmail - 1/23/2012 6:41:33 AM

Hi,

I am adding the image for the license tab:

User image

Is the local site is open from one computer and then if some browse the local website from other computer in same network then sometime it display the page cna not be displayed, sometime the images, banners etc not displayed,some time the style stops working, please guide..

On single computer it works file..

Thanks
Sansugoi

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 1/24/2012 8:36:27 AM

Hello.

Could you please send me screenshots of what in particular given user see? Something showing particular issue, as so far it is hard to say what are we dealing with. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

Certified Developer 8
Certified Developer 8
Jiveabillion - 1/27/2012 4:06:50 PM

Try making the default domain for your website the one of your computer name if it is still set to localhost.