Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > MetaWeblogAPI View modes: 
mlm-globebyte - 1/12/2012 10:22:57 AM

MetaWeblogAPI
Hi

Just been trying to build a new install of version 6 but with VS2010 but keep getting the error

Error 1 Could not create type 'CMS.MetaWeblogProvider.MetaWeblogAPI'. C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SECL\CMSModules\Blogs\CMSPages\MetaWeblog.ashx 1

Any help appreciated.

Regards
Martin

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 1/18/2012 1:08:45 AM

RE:MetaWeblogAPI
Hello Martin.

The file your error refers to contains just a single line:

<%@ WebHandler Language="C#" Class="CMS.MetaWeblogProvider.MetaWeblogAPI" %>

So it just registers handler with proper assembly (class). Could you please send me your web.config file, so I can investigate it? There are some settings related specially to CMS.MetaWeblogProvider.MetaWeblogAPI class so I would like to check it.

Can you also check that CMS.MetaWeblogProvider.dll is located within your /Bin folder? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

tal-webcoda.com - 1/23/2012 9:29:56 PM

Hi,

We noticed the same symptoms in our Kentico 6 site.

The missing DLL from our site was:
CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll

We added CookComputing DLL to the Bin folder and the MetaWeblogAPI error disappeared.

Thanks

mlm-globebyte - 1/24/2012 9:40:46 AM

Thank you for your replies.

For the moment we have commented out the MetaWeblogAPI reference in the web.config (before 'commenting out' handler section attached, which looks OK) and reference to the Blogs module to get it to build.

FYI, we also needed to comment out references to ForumPostApprove in a few places before we got our first successful full build, although I think this is a different issue. Naturally Forms and Blogs will not work now.

We don't have the CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll either. Where did you obtain a copy from?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Martin

<handlers>
<remove name="MetaWeblogAPI"/>
<remove name="UrlRoutingHandler"/>
<add name="MetaWeblogAPI" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="*" path="MetaWeblog.ashx" type="CMS.MetaWeblogProvider.MetaWeblogAPI, CMS.MetaWeblogProvider"/>
<add name="ChartImageHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="*" path="ChartImg.axd" type="System.Web.UI.DataVisualization.Charting.ChartHttpHandler, System.Web.DataVisualization, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
<add name="UrlRoutingHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="*" path="UrlRouting.axd" type="System.Web.HttpForbiddenHandler, System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
</handlers>

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 1/27/2012 1:49:06 PM

Hello.

This is interesting information, as so far I have not encountered any connection between that CookComputing dll and Windows Live Writer functionality. The question is if there is really some direct connection between them, or just some kind of “side effect” making it looks related. I will be definitely grateful if you can post here an update if it helped or not. If not, I will try to help you in my way, however I would need you to send me your “web.config” file and “CMS.MetaWeblogProvider.dll” to support@kentico.com (please refer to this forum thread), so I can see and verity some basic settings. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik