Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > Mixed Authentication Issues View modes: 
scott_hancock-urmc.rochester - 1/13/2012 3:37:10 PM

Mixed Authentication Issues
I implemented mixed authentication following the instructions in the dev guide. It works but there are a couple of issues.

Note: My Kentico box only has 2 accounts on it: administrator and public. Also the docs didn't specify it so I left the authentication setting as Forms Authentication.

1. When I log in with my domain account, it does not create the account in Kentico like it would if I was using Windows authentication.

2. When I logged in with my domain account, it let me into CMSDesk even though the user did not exist inside of Kentico and therefore should not have permissions to access CMSDesk.

What's going on here?

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ivanat - 1/18/2012 7:40:06 AM

RE:Mixed Authentication Issues
Hi,

thank you for letting us know about this behavior. It is really not correct. May I ask you to send your web.config file to support@kentico.com. Based on it we can try to reproduce the issue in our environment. Please mention this forum in the e-mail.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ivana Tomanickova

vijaya.atyam-tandoninfo - 2/2/2012 2:35:44 AM

Even i have the same problem of mixed authentication in .net..

Can you help me out in this..

vijaya.atyam-tandoninfo - 2/2/2012 2:36:39 AM

I want the solution for the above query...

scott_hancock-urmc.rochester - 2/2/2012 7:24:36 AM

I've figured out what's going on. I have a non-domain user called "xyz123" which is a global admin. When I logged in with my domain account "xyz123" it logged me in as that user. Which it shouldn't do. I then deleted that user and logged in with my domain account. The system told me I wasn't an editor and created the account as a domain user called "shancock" as it should.