Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > Using JQuery View modes: 
Rick9004 - 3/5/2012 6:47:47 AM

Using JQuery
I have a problem in getting all the pieces to run a JQuery slider. I am particularly stuck on getting one of the script files to be found when the engine displays the page. I've looked at the forums and KBs,etc and still do not see the reason or the right method. This is a slider that I have implemented on other sites so it is not new. I also tried using the JS webpart. Otherwise I have the scrips in the Header section of the template.

It there a document that describes the process of implementing a JQuery slider or equal, etc in Kentico? The other question that I cannot figure out is why I can't get the JS file I imported to be recognized? I added the file extension of .JS to the site, created a folder in my site and imported the file to that folder. I checked the source after rendering and it correctly point to that JS file, but inspection shows that it cannot be found.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ivanat - 3/5/2012 7:34:21 AM

RE:Using JQuery
Hi,

could you please try to insert your .js files directly to the project folder? For example to the folder /CMSScripts/jquery/*

Uploading the file you created a document or media library file and it is not what you need.

Working with the jQuery requires

1. add a reference to jquery library (in Head section of masterpage)
2. add jquery method
3. create appropriate html code

A jquery example you can find for example in this thread.

The slider web part is available in Kentico by default. Please take a look at Corporate site to the section /Examples/Web Parts/Listings and viewers/Documents/Content slider.

Best regards,
Ivana Tomanickova