Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > CMSDesk on separate browser tabs View modes: 
tspring-allegra - 2/28/2012 10:47:02 AM

CMSDesk on separate browser tabs
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is an obvious question or not, but i'm currently trialing the lastest Kentico 6 and have a problem with the following:

If I run two sites, I cant seam to login to both CMSDesk's within the same browser window while keeping each site on separate tabs. If I login as Administrator on one site, it automatically logs me out of the other site loaded in a different tab.

Is there anyway to stop this happening?

On Kentico 4.1 you could easily do this and was handy when copying information from site-to-site within the CMS.

Thanks,
Tim

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 2/29/2012 6:23:40 AM

RE:CMSDesk on separate browser tabs
Hi,

There were made some changes when you switch the sites using the drop down so you do not need to logon anymore. However, if the sites are running on different domains - this is working fine for me and it was working like that ever since.

Could you please describe it in more details?

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

tspring-allegra - 2/29/2012 6:51:43 AM

Hi,

I was demoing using lostalhost, so my two sites where localhost/site1 and localhost/site2...would this be why it was logging me out as they were both on localhost?

Thanks,
Tim

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 2/29/2012 7:35:31 AM

Hi,

Are you sure you had the same setup also in v4.1? I think this is standard behavior for the domain instance/application in the IIS. However, it is possible to configure this in the web.config file to keep the same cookies for each instance.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

tspring-allegra - 3/1/2012 5:51:32 AM

Hi

Sorry, it wasn't quite the same setup in 4.1, I wasn't using localhost. It seams that was the problem after all.

Thanks for clearing things up anyway!

Tim