Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > Regardng the biz form View modes: 
sansugoi_sayounara-hotmail - 2/27/2012 10:26:59 PM

Regardng the biz form
Hi all,

I have implemented the biz form in one page, in the biz form only one dropdown is there and a button, what i want is if the dropw down has 3 values, now if user select 1st value from dropdown and click submit then it should redirect to that value page, if user select second value and submit then it should redirect to that value page, how can we do this with the biz form please guide as this is very urgent.

I want to redirect the user according to the value selected in dropdown.

Thanks
sansugoi

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 2/28/2012 2:17:38 AM

RE:Regardng the biz form
Hello,

You will have to implement custom logic in the submit event. The logic behind would be something like this:

1) Check which value is selected.
2) Redirect to specific page (you can also use a query parameter, it depends on your implementation).

You can execute your code in the OnAfterValidate method in the file ~\CMSWebParts\BizForms\bizform.ascx.cs.

You can get the field value the following way:

((CMS.FormControls.EditingFormControl)viewBiz.BasicForm.FieldEditingControls["CustomField"]).Value

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

sansugoi_sayounara-hotmail - 2/28/2012 2:20:59 AM

Hi Boris,

Thanks for your reply,

In local system I write {%test%} in redirect url field in general tab and it is redirecting on correct page.

but in live website it is not redirecting, please guide me what could be the reason.

Thanks again
Sansugoi

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 2/28/2012 5:59:05 AM

Hello,

Could you please try a live URL without the macro? Could you please try to place the macro into a static text web part into the content property and place it on the live site so you can confirm that the macro is resolved correctly?

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko