Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > only one CMDB for all Modules CMS/E-Commerce/Intranet ... View modes: 
josip.krajina-josakra - 3/19/2012 11:04:07 AM

only one CMDB for all Modules CMS/E-Commerce/Intranet ...
Dear all,
I am quite new in this forum and I do not know if my question is appropriate, but lets try.

We have installed Kentico 6.0 CMS, also the module E-Commerce and the module Intranet.

I saw a lot of presentations and I think this is exactly what we need. Now we are testing the modules and I dont understand one think, :
in each of the modules their is the E-Commerce feature, but they are not connectec to each other. Unique products are in CMS, unique once in E-Commerce and also in intranet.

How can we have one product in all modules available? also the same with customers, suppliers and so on.
My understanding of an CMDB is thier is one database and all modules are fit with the same data.

pls give me any kind of help or support to understand it better..

thanks
Josip

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 3/19/2012 9:04:06 PM

RE:only one CMDB for all Modules CMS/E-Commerce/Intranet ...
Hello.

Products and some other e-commerce objects can be global in the meaning that you can share them across all sites within a single instance. You can see more info about this here.

However, you have to set them as global objects in Site Manager / Settings / E-commerce / Global objects section.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

josip.krajina-josakra - 3/20/2012 4:45:54 AM

RE:only one CMDB for all Modules CMS/E-Commerce/Intranet ...
Hello Radek,

thanks, exactly this is what I meant... I have solved my problem..

thanks
br
josip