Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > Intranet Portal and Groups View modes: 
ventrasoft corp - 3/27/2012 12:00:15 PM

Intranet Portal and Groups
I have modified the intranet portal for a proof of concept for a client. In accordance with their scope, I am using departments as different communities. One of their requirements is that members (or Admins) can create groups under each community (department) and those groups are only visible available to be found in the group list under that community. Additionally members once registered are able to access all communities. Basically communities. (Actors, Singers, Musicians, etc.) Each "Community" is more or less a way to present content to a specific category, and tailor it to such.

Home
Community 1 (Department)
Home
Information
Groups (Should only be groups created under (for) Community 1
Community 2 (Department)
Home
Information
Groups (Should only be groups created under (for) Community 2

I am stuck at creating the Groups just for each community (department). Also each group needs to have a "State" Field so that they can be filtered by the user when they are looking for the available groups within the community.

Any advice would be very helpful. I am also a C# .Net Developer, so I do not have a problem writing custom code. I have already modified the Departments and Department Template Creation to work as needed.

Thanks,

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 4/2/2012 5:08:21 AM

RE:Intranet Portal and Groups
Hello,

we were writing via e-mails but for other visitors:

1. You can create a custom field for groups in Site manager -> Development -> System tables -> Group. You can for example develop a department selector form control and assign each group to a department. Then you can use a Where condition about this property when you display the groups under the department.

2. You can use the Group pages location property of Groups and then use it in the Where condition when you display the groups. Group pages location can contain the path of the proper department, for example:

Group 1 of Department 1:
Group pages location: /department1/group1

You can add the State property like mentioned above in Site manager -> Development -> System tables -> Group.

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova