Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > CMSDesk -> Friends -> Nickname pulling in custom field View modes: 
Shawn - 4/25/2012 11:30:33 AM

CMSDesk -> Friends -> Nickname pulling in custom field
Hello,

I have run into a strange situation where the UserNickName field in CMSDesk->Users->MyUser->Friends is returning a custom field instead of the proper UserNickName field from UserSettings. I have checked the data and it is proper.

I tried to run down how that unigrid was being filled which led me to the file CMSModules\Friends\Controls\FriendsList.xml and the line
<objecttype name="community.friendlist" columns = "FriendID,UserName,UserNickname,FullName,FriendComment,FriendApprovedWhen" />

From the developer's guide, unigrid xml objectypes should be defined in CMS_Class. community.friendlist is not found in that table.

I'd like some pointers or insight into my particular issues and where the community.friendlist object is defined. I'm running v6.0.4377

Thank you

kentico_michal - 4/26/2012 12:57:52 AM

RE:CMSDesk -> Friends -> Nickname pulling in custom field
Hi,

Could you please try to refresh views tables? You can do so in the Site manager -> Development -> System tables -> Views -> click the Refresh all views button.

Best regards,
Michal Legen

Shawn - 4/26/2012 6:32:36 AM

That did the trick. Thank you so much. I am still curious where that friendslist class is defined, but my problem is solved!

kentico_michal - 4/26/2012 8:43:12 AM

Hi,

I am glad it helped. Anyway, the community.friendlist is a special virtual object that does not have a physical SQL table.

Best regards,
Michal Legen