Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > On-line marketing contacts not working? View modes: 
malte-informationlogistics.co - 4/20/2012 10:33:38 AM

On-line marketing contacts not working?
Hi all,

The docs state that "contacts are objects covering various roles which a person has in the CMS system, e.g. user, customer, subscriber etc."

I have enabled on-line marketing for my site, but there are no contacts. Not for existing users and not for newsletter subscribers etc.
I've tried creating a new user after enabling on-line marketing but even that user did not show up under contacts...

What am I missing?

kentico_michal - 4/22/2012 3:37:47 AM

RE:On-line marketing contacts not working?
Hi,

At first, I would like to point you to the following section of Developer's guide for more information about the contact management: Contacts overview

In terms of logging newsletter subscription activity, Kentico CMS performs this logging only on the live site. Also, please check that you have enabled the following property in the newsletter configuration: Log newsletter actions as on-line marketing activities as well as Subscribe action is enabled as on-line activity in the Site manager -> Settings -> On-line marketing -> Activities.

Best regards,
MIchal Legen

malte-informationlogistics.co - 4/23/2012 3:20:04 AM

Hi Michal,

thanks for the help so far. What about when I create a new user - shouldn't that result in a contact being created? Or does that also only happen on the live site?

kentico_michal - 4/24/2012 5:40:49 AM

Hi,

If the user is created within CMS interface, the contact is not automatically created. The admin would need to create the contact manually, or the contact will be created as soon as the user logs into the site.

Best regards,
Michal Legen

malte-informationlogistics.co - 5/10/2012 3:45:49 AM

Thanks for the help!