Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > Upload a file with an order View modes: 
basement - 5/10/2012 1:14:06 AM

Upload a file with an order
I need to attach a customer supplied file to certain products that are ordered and hopefully. If I add a file upload to a product will that carry through with the order?

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ivanat - 5/14/2012 6:27:04 AM

RE:Upload a file with an order
Hi,

could you please describe in more details your use case? If you add a custom field to the COM_SKU system table, this information will be a part of the order as it is an order item information.

Best regards,
Ivana Tomanickova

basement - 5/14/2012 10:15:28 AM

We have items where you can have a graphic put on it. We need the customer to be able to add that graphic to the order line so it would allow them to up load a png or jpg of their logo to print on the item. I'm also not sure where it would be best to have them attach the file. When they put the item in the cart or once the order is paid for. Not sure if the option would be availible after they complete the order but I think this would be best as then I've got the order and it is then up to them to get the files loaded.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ivanat - 5/16/2012 10:32:37 AM

Hi,

I discussed this with our developer and functionality is unfortunately not available in the current version.

You may customize shopping cart control (file:///<project>\CMSModules\Ecommerce\Controls\ShoppingCart\*)so that you will add a custom step in which file can be uploaded.

It can be created after step ShoppingCartPreview, i.e. the order has to be created first, otherwise you will not be able to upload a file.

To upload file you can use metaFileUploader. The advantage of this control is that you do not need to create custom field in the COM_* tables. The meta file will have the ID of order as a foreign key.

Best regards,
Ivana Tomanickova