Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > File Upload control problem View modes: 
Eric2 - 5/14/2012 5:23:42 PM

File Upload control problem
I created a web part that uses the CMSModules_AdminControls_Controls_MetaFiles_File user control to allow users to upload some files and it works perfectly on my own computer, but when I try to use in on my test server, nothing happens when you click on the upload file link. The "Open" dialog doesn't appear.

Any suggestions as to why this might be happening?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm2 - 5/15/2012 1:31:58 AM

RE:File Upload control problem
Hello.

It that uploaded based on Silverlight? If so, you may need to make sure that your IIS server is configured for Silverlight applications. You can find more details here or in public articles.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

Eric2 - 5/15/2012 8:04:50 AM

I checked this morning and the proper MIME types were registered for Silverlight applications already, so unfortunately that doesn't look like answer.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm2 - 5/16/2012 7:16:56 AM

Hello.

Interesting, as according to your description it is environment related (it works on local machine, but not on the server).

Could you please on that server whether you can upload some attachment to cms.file document type, using “Upload file” link button on Form tab?

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

Eric2 - 5/16/2012 10:12:22 PM

I figured out what the problem was. IIS_IUSRS didn't have modify permissions to any of the web site directories/files on the server. Once I changed that everything started working.

At least it was something simple.

Thanks for help.