Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > Is there any way to blog via mobile? View modes: 
greg.valiquette-bellmedia - 5/31/2012 2:05:19 PM

Is there any way to blog via mobile?
Hello, we're just starting to use a Kentico 6 deployment and a common question I'm getting is whether or not it's possible to have any of our bloggers submit posts via mobile?

Loading cmsdesk on iOS or Android is possible, but not very easy on the road. Are there any options (either native or 3rd-party) that would let us enter content?

Thanks.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm2 - 6/1/2012 3:22:20 AM

RE:Is there any way to blog via mobile?
Hello.

Yes, you can use User contributions (Wiki) module for this purpose. More info can be found at http://devnet.kentico.com/docs/6_0/devguide/user_contributions_overview.htm

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

Certified Developer 8
Certified Developer 8
Jiveabillion - 6/1/2012 2:26:24 PM

iOS Safari won't let you upload images. Just sayin.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ivanat - 6/3/2012 7:25:42 AM

Hi,

yes, this is a limitation of mobile browsers. Unfortunately, in the current version and in version 7.0 this will not be supported.

The requirement was already created to add a support to the system in the future.

Best regards,
Ivana Tomanickova

Certified Developer 8
Certified Developer 8
Jiveabillion - 6/7/2012 12:48:22 PM

I was just telling the original thread creator that iOS safari won't let you upload images.

There is a way around it. There is an app called Picup that you can build a URL for and it will post an image and any additional parameters you want to a specified url. I use it so people can upload drawings from DrawSomething to one of my websites. It wouldn't be too difficult to develop your own Kentico CMS companion app for iOS that could do the same for you.

One other problem I know exists when using iOS to administer the CMS is that the pop up windows for selectors and web part settings won't open.