Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > Linking to a report in Tools > Reoprting View modes: 
Dlglsh - 6/20/2012 10:25:49 AM

Linking to a report in Tools > Reoprting
Hi,

I'm trying to add a link to a specific report in the Reporting section of the Tools module.

I have created the link (under Reporting), but it loads the report without the tree on the left-hand side.

The link I am using is ~/CMSModules/Reporting/Tools/ReportCategory_frameset.aspx?reportid=448&categoryid=90&reload=true

Is there a way of linking directly to a report as if you've navigated to it by clicking Tools > Reporting > All reports > [My category here] > My Report Name? (i.e. the Reporting tree menu as on the left-hand side.)

Thanks,

Matt

Dlglsh - 6/20/2012 10:37:15 AM

RE:Linking to a report in Tools > Reoprting
FYI ~/CMSModules/Reporting/Tools/Report_View.aspx?ReportId=448 does the same thing.

kentico_alleng - 6/20/2012 2:28:08 PM

Regrettably, there is no simple way to link directly to a report and still retain the header and left menu frames. In many parts of the CMS Desk, frames for particular tasks are loaded using javascript, and some of the logic is in the source code. So changing this behavior would not be trivial.

You can link to sections by using:

~/cmsdesk/default.aspx?section=tools

But with the exception of the Content section, there's no way to retrieve information at any deeper level and still retain the entire CMSDesk/SiteManager interface.

Regards,

Allen

Dlglsh - 6/21/2012 4:07:17 AM

Hi Allen,

Okay, thank you for your reply.

Matt