Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > Event Calendar Problem View modes: 
batchahaja-socpa.org - 6/19/2012 4:14:55 AM

Event Calendar Problem
Hi,
I would like to have a event Calendar for my site. I did the same way as in internet portal site. But the calendar is only displaying the document of type Event Booking only . If enter a new document with a document type as event it is not showing up in the calendar.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_janh - 6/19/2012 5:43:53 AM

RE:Event Calendar Problem
Hello,

Have you added the CMS.Event document type as a document type in the Document types property of your Event calendar web part?

Best regards,
Jan Hermann

batchahaja-socpa.org - 6/19/2012 5:56:17 AM

Thanks i added now, its working.

Thanks for your prompt response

batchahaja-socpa.org - 6/19/2012 12:32:07 PM

Is there way to Enter multiple occurring event. Say for example there is a same event which is going to happen 10 times in two months, instead of creating it 10 times we need to create once and post it to 10 different dates with different location.

And categories the event by legend for same type of event , to let the users to know by image those are related events

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_janh - 6/20/2012 2:35:59 AM

Hello,

Regrettably, there is no option how to set the event to be placed more then once in the calendar (except the event duration longer than one day).

Regarding to the event categories -> you can add a new field to the event document type (Site Manager -> Development -> Document types), which is a dropdown list with your list of categories and then you can colorize or set the image in the calendar's transformation according to this field.

Best regards,
Jan Hermann