Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 6.x > Portal Engine > Calendar Event View modes: 
sdonthineni-allianceglobalservices - 7/5/2012 3:42:40 AM

Calendar Event
Hello,

I have added the event calendar web part for my page and added the CMS.Booking event document type, and added eventd details.

now my calendar web part shows event details. when i click on the event in the calendar it shows me the event details down.

query i wanted to show only event deatils on a new page without calendar , how do i do this

Kentico Legend
Kentico Legend
Brenden Kehren - 7/5/2012 12:30:13 PM

RE:Calendar Event
Check the Hide On Subpages checkbox for the EventCalendar webpart. Just make sure you have another control (repeater) that can display the details of that selected event.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 7/5/2012 3:14:18 PM

Hi,

That is also an option.
However, I think that it it important to realize and understand how the transformations work - it is like with ASP repeater control: you have default transformation and detail transformation (selected item).

So, it could be basically the same as the NEWS section example on the Corporate sample site but instead of repeater a calendar control is used. So, what is needed to be changed is the default transformation so it will point to another, desired page - and on this page there could be e.g. a repeater just with selected item transformation to display the event details.
I hope it makes sense.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

sdonthineni-allianceglobalservices - 7/6/2012 9:24:13 AM

Can you elaborate , as i tried this but failied
if possible can you please post screen shots , that would solve my issue

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 7/6/2012 3:21:52 PM

Hi,

I think it would be easier to install the Corporate sample site and take a look on the News section - there is used a repeater web part, but the idea is the same for calendar web part.
Or, you can also find many articles on the repeater transformations using Google - I mean the ASP repeater - it is the same as our repeater control and the calendar is basically the same too - the transformations principles are the same.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus