API Questions on Kentico API.
Version 5.x > API > Event trigger View modes: 
wtzeng-micro-datanet - 8/1/2011 3:54:14 PM

Event trigger
Is possible to create a event trigger to kick start a web service or function? like after process the sales order, the system will call a web service or function. Could you point me to where should I read into in the documentation?

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 8/3/2011 3:39:59 AM

RE:Event trigger
Hello,

You can insert your code into the method ProcessStep() in the file ~CMSModules\Ecommerce\Controls\ShoppingCart\ShoppingCartPreview.ascx.cs. This method is called after the last checkout step to create the order in the system.

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

wtzeng-micro-datanet - 8/3/2011 2:20:49 PM

I was reading upon CustomDataHandler. Would that work for what I need to do? like OnAfterInsert of COM_Order, do something.... ?

wtzeng-micro-datanet - 8/3/2011 4:31:04 PM

i have created CustomEventHandler base on the documentation just for testing.. after I put the dll file into the \bin and add the key <add key="CMSUseCustomHandlers" value="true" /> in web.config

the website will give me
Server Error in '/' Application.
Could not load file or assembly 'CMS.CustomEventHandler' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

is the dll file has to be a specific name? I can't think of anything.

thanks

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 8/4/2011 11:21:03 AM

Hello,

Yes, this approach should also be possible.
Are you sure you've followed all the steps correctly? Please double check your setup against our documentation. Please pay special attention to the step number 7.

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

wtzeng@micro-datanet.com - 8/4/2011 2:29:32 PM

thanks

Awais Mohammad - 10/8/2013 11:50:47 PM

if your practice is finished just remove or comment the line ...
<add key="CMSUseCustomHandlers" value="true" />
in web.config
and your error will be resolved ....
actualy i had the same problem i was following cms 5 but currently i am using cms 7
so there are no such videos for cms 7
hope it works for you ...

thanks

maschmid-nerdery - 10/28/2013 9:43:23 AM

I have the same issue. I have a Kentico solution with Kentico 7 and I extended the partial class CMSModuleLoader to add my global event handler as described in here: http://devnet.kentico.com/docs/devguide/index.html?event_handlers_overview.htm

However, when I compile and debug the project, I get the same error as you. Like if the CMS.CustomEventHandler library was missing. Very strange.

Where you able to fix the issue?

kentico_sandroj - 10/29/2013 9:57:09 AM

Hello,

What is the exact error message that you are seeing? Also, just to confirm, have you removed the Web.config key: <add key="CMSUseCustomHandlers" value="true" />? This key does not need to be present in your Web.config.

Best Regards,
Sandro

iacido-gmail - 1/30/2014 12:11:21 PM

wtzeng-micro-datanet wrote: i have created CustomEventHandler base on the documentation just for testing.. after I put the dll file into the \bin and add the key <add key="CMSUseCustomHandlers" value="true" /> in web.config

the website will give me
Server Error in '/' Application.
Could not load file or assembly 'CMS.CustomEventHandler' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

is the dll file has to be a specific name? I can't think of anything.

thanks

I have the same issue, but using the new handlers on version 7.

any ideas to solve this?

thanks

kentico_sandroj - 1/30/2014 9:42:17 PM

Hello,

If possible, please submit this issue as a separate thread under the appropriate version number and include the full error message and steps taken to reproduce the error.

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Sandro