Bug reports Found a bug? Post it here please.
Version 5.x > Bug reports > Problem with language selection View modes: 
alberto-atodesign - 4/3/2012 11:57:43 AM

Problem with language selection
As described in this post:
http://devnet.kentico.com/Forums.aspx?forumid=46&threadid=21721

We have the same problem. We've added the key in web.config that you suggest but it seems doesn't make changes. The problem happen with IE9 and FF but not in Google Chrome. You can see the behaviour on this link. The first time the language is switched but not the second or the other times.
Can you help us?

We have 5.5R2 license.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ivanat - 4/4/2012 3:25:20 AM

RE:Problem with language selection
Hi,

it seems that you are using a default version of R2 installation. Could you please apply the latest hotfix for R2 version? The key was not available in a default version.

Best regards,
Ivana Tomanickova

alberto-atodesign - 4/11/2012 10:34:03 AM

Hi Ivana,
thank you for you answer:
we have added <add key="CMSUseCultureForBestPageInfoResult" value="true" /> into web.config as you suggest and we have apply the last hotfix (v5.5.4311 R2) and now switching the language it seems working but it doesn't mantain the right url (Document URL path) and it always display the "document alias" with lang parameter. It's not a solution and it's not good for SEO purposes.
Now if I check or un-check "Redirect document aliases to main URL" it seems doesn't make changes. If this is your solution, then we can only un-check "Redirect document aliases to main URL" and not install any hotfix or add any parameters to our web.config.
Are we wrong?

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ivanat - 4/12/2012 7:19:03 AM

Hi,

I followed your description and for me was redirect working correctly, i.e. I was redirected to the Document URL path.

1. Have you cleared the cache in your browser (CTRL + SHIFT + DEL)?
2. Have you close the Preview mode while testing the behavior?

Best regards,
Ivana Tomanickova