Bug reports Found a bug? Post it here please.
Version 5.x > Bug reports > [5.5.0] Newsletters sent to each subscriber twice? View modes: 
michiel - 6/4/2010 3:11:01 AM

[5.5.0] Newsletters sent to each subscriber twice?
A client has a newsletter with 140 subscribers. The first issue she sent has been sent out 280 times.

Any idea what could have happened there? I am on the list of subscribers, and I definitely got the newsletter twice in my mail.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 6/7/2010 5:22:26 AM

RE:[5.5.0] Newsletters sent to each subscriber twice?
Hello Michiel,

Is it possible that she could send the newsletter twice? You should be able to find the logs in Site manager -> Administration -> Event log. It would look like:

EventType: I

EventTime:

Source: Newsletter issue

EventCode: UPDATEOBJ

UserName:

IPAddress:

EventDescription: Update Newsletter issue 'New release'

Site: Corporate Site

EventUrl: /55/CMSModules/Newsletters/Tools/Newsletters/Newsletter_Issue_Send.aspx?issueid=1

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova

michiel - 6/7/2010 7:36:57 AM

If she sends the newsletter twice, wouldn't I see two separate issues, both with 140 sent e-mails?

I now see 1 issue with 280 sent e-mails.

In the logs I see 140 logs with /CMSModules/Newsletters/Tools/Newsletters/Newsletter_Send.aspx?newsletterid=21, which is the same id as the issue with 280 sent e-mails in the Newsletter module.

In the same logs, 5 minutes earlier, I see another 140 logs with /CMSModules/Newsletters/Tools/Newsletters/Newsletter_Send.aspx?newsletterid=5.
But when I check issue with id 5 in the newsletter module it has only one sent e-mail.

How does this work?

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 6/7/2010 9:08:39 AM

Hello,

you can send one issue several times for all the subscribers. If you edit the issue and click on Send tab then you can send it again and again.

The count you can see in the CMSDesk -> Tools -> Newsletters is the number of newsletters which were processed by Newsletter module.

Could you please ask her if she sent it twice?

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova

allana-lincintegrated - 6/1/2011 10:12:19 PM

hi,

our client reported similar behaviour on their website.. apparently their last two newsletter issue was recieved twice by recipients.. i look at the number of sent and it really looks twice the number of subscribers +/- .

i did test send to my email ONLY and it increments by two.. but I only receive one email though.

also i tried looking at the event log and there's no entry in there... theres no "Email queue" on Site Manager > Administration section.

our client is using version 3.1

any thoughts?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_zdenekc - 6/1/2011 11:38:32 PM

Hi,

You're posting to a sub-forum "Version 5.x", while your client has 3.1 version, that's why you also don't have "Email queue" in Administration section, because it has been added in 4.0 version.

There were some issues reported with newsletters earlier, but often related to changes and repeated sending, as Helena suggests above.
As for the event log - have you checked the Event log in Site manager -> Administration, with site selection "(global)" ?

We would anyway recommend upgrading to the current version.

Regards,
Zdenek

mshongwe-mrpricegroup - 10/15/2012 3:00:42 AM

Newsletters sent to each subscriber twice?
Hi,

I am using Kentico v6.0.46 (SP1)‎. I also have been experiencing the same problem. I have sent out an email using the newsletter module. I have sent out to 22 000 users and Kentico recorded that 45 000 emails were sent. I checked with the subscribers and they only received one email. I also sent to a group with 6 people as a test and when i looked into my log file in the app data there was a record that 14 emails.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 10/15/2012 7:26:07 AM

RE:Newsletters sent to each subscriber twice?
Hi,

Please, use appropriate forum for your version since for older version it usually was already fixed and it is a new issue.
What are the SMTP server settings?
How many messages are generated in the e-mail queue?
Are there any relevant logs from the SMTP server - how many messages were passed to the server and how many were sent?
Are there any application errors?
In the past, I asked you to send us the list of subscribers, so we can test it too - would it be possible to send it to us?

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus