New features Please use http://kentico.uservoice.com as the primary place to submit your suggestions and allow others to vote for your ideas!
Version 5.x > New features > Versioning of Page Templates View modes: 
office-css-web - 2/3/2011 9:22:19 AM

Versioning of Page Templates
Hi

In the roadmap for 6.0 I found the point "Objects versioning for development objects".
Will this also include versioning for PageTemplates?

best regards,
hans-peter

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 2/3/2011 9:52:38 AM

RE:Versioning of Page Templates
Hello.

Yes, this should covers PageTemplate objects as well.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

office-css-web - 2/3/2011 10:00:36 AM

Thx for your quick answer.

Just to get your "should" right and be sure since a have to give a statement to my customer:

You plan to integrate versioning for PageTemplates in 6.0 but are not sure yet and can't give a definite answer yet?
;-)

Did I get you right?

cheers,
hans-peter

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 2/7/2011 5:11:46 AM

Hello.

Estimated release date of Kentico CMS 6.0 is Q2/Q3 2011, so it is still in development process and I can´t promise that something so particular (particular object type) will be implemented at cent per sent. Anyway, objects versioning in general is in plan and it will be implemented in 6.0 for sure, and page templates should be included as well.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

vin4.net-gmail - 7/11/2012 1:30:12 PM

Hi,

I have a requirement where single template is for multiple pages with different content on each page.
According to my knowledge, we can use widget for changing content on different pages which are of same page template.

But I am trying to figure out, is there any option where there are two pages referring to single page template but
1. In first page, there will be only one web part zone.
2. In Second page, there will be three web part zones and one widget zone.
When I make any changes to a template, it will reflect in all pages which are referring to this page template which I dont want.

Please help me out to achieve this requirement.

Thank you.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm2 - 7/13/2012 5:23:52 AM

Hello.

What you described is principle of a page template. Template is something “in common.”

You could use either user widget, which is bound per document and is not shared, or clone a page template as ad-hoc template. Then it will become independent and will not influence other pages.

If you want to show/hide some webpartzone classes dynamically, according to current page, you can do it via custom macro called in the Visible property for the given webpartzone element. Within the code, you can evaluate some context value (like current document name) and decide whether to show it or not.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik