Upgrades Questions on upgrading to version 5.x.
Version 5.x > Upgrades > Server Error in '/' Application. After upgrading to 5.5R2 View modes: 
kyleg-directec - 6/8/2011 2:21:56 PM

Server Error in '/' Application. After upgrading to 5.5R2
When using the CMS and attempting to insert image in cms:CMSEditableImage space, I am receiving the "Server Error in '/' Application". I've read through other similar posts but haven't found anything that really matches the problem I have come across. Any help would, of course, be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 6/8/2011 11:21:50 PM

RE:Server Error in '/' Application. After upgrading to 5.5R2
Hello.

Since you refer to CMSEditableImage control, I suppose you are using ASPX templates, not Portal engine, is that right? If the problem is related to some custom aspx page template, can you make sure you created it properly, according to http://devnet.kentico.com/docs/devguide/creating_a_new_aspx_page_template.htm? Does you page inherit from TemplatePage class and is CMS.UIControls assembly registered within? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

kyleg-directec - 6/9/2011 8:18:49 AM

Hello:

Yes, you are correct, I am using ASPX templates. Also, I reviewed the guide you posted and everything was created properly. The CMS.UIControls assembly is registered in the template. So, I am still not sure what the problem may be.

It should also be noted that we had a similar problem when making the switch to 5.5R2, in where the Files friendly URL extension setting under Site Manager, Settings, URLS and SEO was blank – and it should have been set to .aspx. Apparently during when making this switch this setting did not transfer over. I was thinking this problem may be something similar?

Also, the images that are already set in the EditableImage control all display fine, but when wanting to change them on a current page, or add one to a new page through the CMS, we now recieve the "Server error in '/' Application".

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Kyle

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 6/10/2011 2:35:20 AM

Hello.

Yes, it could be related to "Friendly URL extensions" setting, you can try change it and see.
However, due to a nature of the problem, I would need to see and examine this behavior on your site directly. If it is OK with you, could you please send us an e-mail to support@kentico.com and refer to this forum post? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik