Design and CSS styles
Version 5.x > Design and CSS styles > Cannot override or find CSS View modes: 
sentile-oldsecond - 4/26/2012 11:52:14 AM

Cannot override or find CSS
I want to make text in a field green. I have put in the following code in the box:

<div style="color:80be00;">green text here</div>

And after I hit save and go back in to the Source code, I see that kentico has erased the code I put in there automatically. This is very frustrating and ridiculous. Please advise.

kentico_edwardh - 4/26/2012 3:08:49 PM

RE:Cannot override or find CSS
Hello,

Can you please let us know where exactly you are trying to change this text and which box you are referring to when you say "I have put in the following code in the box".

You can find all the default styles in CMS Site Manager --> Development --> CSS stylesheets.

Best Regards,
Edward Hillard

sentile-oldsecond - 4/27/2012 8:52:53 AM

For example, on this page

http://oldsecond.com/Residential-Lending/Old-Second-Loan-Process.aspx

If I try to change the opening lines in the paragraph "Old Second’s streamlined mortgage process" to green using the code I mentioned above, kentico ignores my code and refuses to turn that text green even after I save.

kentico_edwardh - 4/28/2012 10:23:44 AM

Hello,

I guess you are using the editable text web part to display this content to the page? If so, you can use the built in color options to change the color of the "Old Second’s streamlined mortgage process" text. You can also switch to the "Source" mode of the WYSIWYG editor and try wrapping the text in span tags like this:

<span style="color:#008000;">Old Second’s streamlined mortgage process</span>

Best Regards,
Edward Hillard

sentile-oldsecond - 4/30/2012 4:40:56 PM

Thanks, the span code worked. However, now I can't bold the text. I tried wrapping <strong> tags around the text - -that did not work. I also tried a font-weight tag within the span tag. That did not work.

When I do:

<span style="color:#80be00; font-weight:900;">text here</span>

...it turns the text the right color, but it ignores the font-weight code. Is there different code for font weight?

kentico_edwardh - 5/1/2012 2:11:52 PM

Hello,

I can see a difference when using normal text vs. bold text, but I cannot see any difference between the bold text and the font-weight:900 text. The code I am using in my local version is below:

<span style="color:#80be00;">Normal Text</span>

<strong><span style="color:#80be00;">Strong Text</span></strong>

<span style="color:#80be00;font-weight:900;">Font Weight 900 Text</span>

Best Regards,
Edward Hillard