Site structure
Version 5.x > Site structure > english and chinese language in the same kentico application View modes: 
asovrano-opera21 - 12/10/2013 3:29:37 PM

english and chinese language in the same kentico application
I want to know if it is possible to have only one website under IIS with many kentico sites, one for each language and some of these languages could be rtl or chinese.
Or is it necessary to build a second website under IIS to separate chinese or japanese language kentico sites ?
And what about the licences ? if I need to build a separate IIS website for running chinese version of the site instead of having a single kentico installation with all language versions under it, do I need extra licences ?
May someone help me understand this topic ?
Thank you very much. Andrea

Kentico Customer Success
Kentico Customer Success
kentico_martind2 - 12/19/2013 4:21:43 AM

RE:english and chinese language in the same kentico application
Hello Andrea,

There are more options of course... depends on your preferences. In general there is no problem running an LTR and RTL sites together with the same instance of Kentico.

Kentico CMS automatically supports languages that read from right to left (RTL). A single web site can be created in both LTR and RTL language. Also, Kentico CMS editing interface works correctly with RTL languages.

You can find also some information in the Developers Guide:
RTL Languages and Configuring Multilingual UI and CSS Ooverview

So when it comes to licensing, you can simply run multilingual websites with RTL and LTR languages on the same domain with a single Kentico license.

Best regards,
Martin Danko