2/11/2013 1:16:42 PM
RE:Change the Domain and Layout is Broken
Thank you for the response.
I had not cleared the cache, but I did restart the service.
However, I did figure this out.
The development URL worked great as it had for the 2 months of development. As soon as I put our public web address on the site and browsed to it from there, it looked broken. I was digging and digging until I finally stumbled across Internet Explorer's Compatibility View settings.
We have a GPO that sets *.ourdomainname in the intranet security zone. Compatibility View has a setting to display all intranet sites in Compatibility mode. It is our public website we are talking about here, but it still falls under the *.ourdomainname rule.
Once I turned that off in IE, the site displayed as intended. That was about 3 hours of time, but I'm glad it was something simple: I used GPO to turn that off company wide.