ASPX templates
Version 5.x > ASPX templates > How to convert template based fields to editable content within the CMS editor. View modes: 
gary.marsh-apptix - 10/7/2011 8:59:55 AM

How to convert template based fields to editable content within the CMS editor.
We have recently installed Kentico and had an agency build out our templates, but we have been asked to add an element to the Left Side navigation. I am unsure how to do that without having to add it to the template itself, which in turn replicates that element on other shared templates. Is there a way to convert pieces of a template to editable fields within the CMS so we have more control over what we can edit? Or would this require a rebuild of the templates to include those areas as editable sections?

Hope this makes sense to someone.

Thanks!
Gary

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 10/7/2011 3:46:45 PM

RE:How to convert template based fields to editable content within the CMS editor.
Hello,

Please don't post your question in multiple threads. This may result in a forum ban. You can find your answer in this thread.

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

gary.marsh-apptix - 10/11/2011 2:59:29 PM

RE:How to convert template based fields to editable content within the CMS editor.
Thanks.

I questioned whether or not I put it in the right place when I first posted. So I decided to post in here too.