ASPX templates
Version 5.x > ASPX templates > Parent CMSPagePlaceHolder not found View modes: 
naveed.anjum-moftak - 10/3/2011 5:09:07 AM

Parent CMSPagePlaceHolder not found
Hi,

I have installed the kentico version 6.0 on my local machine. I have created a new aspx page using visual studio as mentioned here:

http://devnet.kentico.com/docs/6_0/devguide/index.html?creating_a_new_aspx_page_template.htm

Now i am adding portal functionality in page by following the steps mentioned over here:

http://devnet.kentico.com/docs/6_0/devguide/index.html?adding_portal_engine_functionality_to_aspx.htm

When i run the application, it throws an exception showing below:

[CMSPortalControls.CMSAbstractWebPart]: Parent CMSPagePlaceholder not found.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: [CMSPortalControls.CMSAbstractWebPart]: Parent CMSPagePlaceholder not found.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: [CMSPortalControls.CMSAbstractWebPart]: Parent CMSPagePlaceholder not found.]
CMS.PortalControls.CMSWebPartZone.get_PagePlaceholder() +101
CMS.PortalControls.CMSWebPartZone.OnInit(EventArgs e) +41
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +140
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +311
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +480

Can any body tell me what can be the problem?

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 10/3/2011 8:14:04 AM

RE:Parent CMSPagePlaceHolder not found
Hello,

could you please compare your solution with the working code which you can find in:

~\CMSTemplates\CorporateSite\HomeMixed.aspx
~\CMSTemplates\CorporateSite\Root.master

Especially, please check ContentPlaceHolder, CMSPortalManager and ToolkitScriptManager on the master page. Then check the ContentPlaceHolderID property of asp:Content.

Unless it helps, please send us your template and its mater page to support@kentico.com and we will inspect it. Thank you.

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova

naveed.anjum-moftak - 10/3/2011 8:54:11 AM

RE:Parent CMSPagePlaceHolder not found
Hi,

I have resolved the problem. Actually there was one webpartzone control without CMSPagePlaceholder. So i wrap the webpartzone control inside CMSPagePlaceHolder and it solved my problem.

Thanks Helena for replying.

Kind Regards
Naveed Anjum