ASPX templates
Version 5.x > ASPX templates > Forum WYSIWYG Paste View modes: 
BitWise Blake - 9/29/2011 8:31:18 AM

Forum WYSIWYG Paste
We have setup a forum, all is working except the ability to Paste text into they WYSIWYG editor in the forum.

The weird part is that is from CMSDesk, i can go to Tools / Forums, select the Forum, make a new post, and from there, I can paste into the WYSIWYG editor just fine. Right clicking on the editor also brings up the custom FCKEditor right-click menu and paste is an option in there.

Logged in as administrator, i can browse to the forum on the public part of the site, and when I get there, I can't paste. Right clicking on the forum here shows no context menu at all.

Is there a permissions setting I'm missing or something else I can do to turn on the ability to paste on the public forum.

We are running v5.5.4248 R2.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 10/4/2011 3:06:56 AM

RE:Forum WYSIWYG Paste
Hi.

I tried it on my machine (5.5R2 with the latest HF) following the same steps you did and it behaves in the same way both in CMSDesk and live site, when logged as administrator (or any user in general).

Maybe it is browser-related issue. Which browser you have this issue with, please?

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

BitWise Blake - 10/5/2011 12:31:22 PM

Seeing the issue in Google Chrome 14, Can't paste with Ctrl+V or get a context menu.

I can Ctlr+V to paste in IE8 and Firefox, but the right-click context menu doesn't show up on the public forum side as it does on the administrative side.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 10/10/2011 1:48:08 AM

Hello.

I tested it again using Google Chrome 14.0.835.202 m and 5.5R2 with the latest hotfix.

Although Google Chrome is not supported in 5.5R2 (http://devnet.kentico.com/docs/devguide/system_requirements.htm), it works fine. If you send me an email, I can provide some screenshots or video to show you how it behaves on my machine. Maybe it is environment related, or it depends on some plug-in in your browser, it is hard to say. In any case, it works fine for me. Anyway, Google Chrome is officially supported starting version 6.0. This version is already available for download, so you test it, too.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

BitWise Blake - 10/10/2011 10:10:32 AM

That's fine, I believe you. I can just tell the client that that's how it is at this point.