ASPX templates
Version 5.x > ASPX templates > Forcing Login View modes: 
eoin-fusio - 4/19/2012 9:39:36 AM

Forcing Login
Here's the scenario I have. I've created about 30 pages a generic template. I want to password protect this section of my site, which I can do through the CMS but if I do it that way then the user is shown the Kentico login screen when they're asked to login.

I need a way to have the login form display when you try and access this section of the site, but I want to create my own login form.

Am I correct in thinking that If I create my own page MyLogin.aspx and upload it, I can't then link to that page? The only way I've been able to get my bespoke pages to display is by making templates from them and then creating a new page in the CMS and assigning the file I just uploaded as the template.

This works but I'm now faced with having already created 30+ pages using a generic template and would like to avoid having to reassign all these pages to a new template individually.

Can anyone tell me if there's a quick way to assign multiple pages to a new template and / or if there's a better way to acomplish what I'm trying to do?

Thanks.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 4/20/2012 1:10:01 AM

RE:Forcing Login
Hi,

Why don't you just create the logon page within the content tree in CMS desk and set it in the settings section to be used for web site logon? Then, you just need to set given pages to require authentication. Everything is described in Secured web site areas documentation.

And the second question about the page templates doesn't make much sense to me - could you please elaborate on this more?

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

eoin-fusio - 4/20/2012 8:59:00 AM

Thanks, will try what you suggest.

My second question: if I wanted some functionality I've created a page locally, uploaded it and then created a page in the CMS and given it a template - the template I choose is the file I created locally.

This is the only way I know how to get my functionality into a page in the CMS.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 4/23/2012 1:21:23 AM

Hi,

I am still not 100% clear. Are you creating ASPX page templates which you want to use on your web site? If so, please see our documentation how to create and register the ASPX page template into the system.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus