Installation and deployment Questions on installation, system configuration and deployment to the live server.
Version 5.x > Installation and deployment > WebFarm Task Synchronization Issue View modes: 
mmacarie - 1/13/2014 7:26:27 AM

WebFarm Task Synchronization Issue
Hello,

We have the following issue. We have a webfarm with two servers let's say http://server1.domain.com and http://server2.domain.com.

I have set <add key="CMSWebFarmUpdateWithinRequest" value="true" /> into the configuration.

The problem is that only the changes made on server2 are reflected to server1. The synchronization task created by server1 are not executed by server2 and remain in the list.

The servers have network access between them and the domains are accessible from each of them.

When in WebFarm server configuration if I press the Check server availability buton from server 2 I get Server status ... OK but from server 1 I get Server status ... Error on both of the configured servers, even itselft.

The error is The remote server returned an error: (504) Gateway Timeout. I have also some errors in the Dashboard (WebFarm NOTIFY) with the same error when calling http://server2.domain.com/CMSPages/webfarmupdater.aspx

Do you have any suggestion to fix this issue?

mmacarie - 1/13/2014 7:30:26 AM

RE:WebFarm Task Synchronization Issue
The version of Kentico used is v6.0.4297, I have accidentally put the post into Kentico 5.x section.

Kentico Legend
Kentico Legend
Brenden Kehren - 1/13/2014 7:57:25 AM

Have you attempted to restart the webfarm servers/applications within the Dashboard?

What license do you have? Have you purchased an additional server license? If not, this won't work.

In your server address for the webfarm server definition, are you use a DNS name or an IP address? I've found it needs to be an IP address.

mmacarie - 1/13/2014 8:03:11 AM

I have tried webfarm servers/applications restart from the Dashboard.

We have Ultimate license for each domain.

I can't use IP address because on the server there are multiple Kentico installations so the call must be hostname based.

Kentico Legend
Kentico Legend
Brenden Kehren - 1/13/2014 1:35:47 PM

Just looking at the documentation, its all by IP address. And as I mentioned, that was the only way I was able to get it to work. You might send a note to Kentico Support asking for further information.

mmacarie - 1/14/2014 3:00:06 AM

I've got it to work. It was a problem with the default proxy on one of the servers so that one used the proxy to call server2.domain.com which was not resolved by the dns because it was only added into the hosts file on both servers. I've bypassed the default proxy into the web.config for server1.domain.com and server2.domain.com and now it works.

Thank you for your help.