Installation and deployment Questions on installation, system configuration and deployment to the live server.
Version 5.x > Installation and deployment > Upgrading from version 3.1 View modes: 
ojeffery-bishopfleming.co - 7/27/2010 9:05:02 AM

Upgrading from version 3.1
My company's website (http://www.bishopfleming.co.uk) is currently running on Version 3.1 of Kentico (build 3.1.3078).

We'd like to upgrade to the most up to date version of Kentico, but whilst I'm perfectly happy operating the CMS, it was installed for us by our web designers, who have since ceased trading. I wouldn't have a clue how to install a new version of Kentico without wiping all of the content that we have on there currently.

Can anyone suggest a good guide to upgrading, or if it's super simple, run me through it?

Many thanks, Oli Jeffery.

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 7/28/2010 10:30:56 AM

RE:Upgrading from version 3.1
Hello.

Upgrade process itself is easy, you need run 1 SQL query over your database, copy new files into your project folder and if required, modify web.config. All is descibed in instructions within every upgrade package. You can try upgrade your site on local machine and when it is done, you can move it to your server.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik