Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 5.x > Portal Engine > Problem with polish characters in new page name. View modes: 
Krotki - 1/21/2010 5:44:42 AM

Problem with polish characters in new page name.
Hi,

I'm trying to create new page with name "Wiadomości". As you see there is custom polish character "ś" witch is written on keyboard by pressing (right alt + s). AFAIK (right alt) on polish programmer keyboard is substituted by (ctrl + alt). So pressing this combination invokes save event in javascript - this prevents me to write full page name. I also can't change name after creation. What should I do ? Report it as a bug ?

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 1/21/2010 7:36:32 AM

RE:Problem with polish characters in new page name.
Hi,

what does it mean you cannot change the page name? What happens when you try to rename it? The same problem or something else?

I would recommend you to use the workaround that you copy the name from different location where you can write it without problems.

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova

Krotki - 1/21/2010 8:29:01 AM

By I can't change name I meant I don't know how :P

Copy and paste solved the problem - but it's a little inconvenient :) Thanks for the tip.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 1/21/2010 9:24:42 AM

Hi,

maybe this forum thread can also help you: http://www.polishforums.com/general-language-17/polish-letters-alt-codes-anyone-3204/2/

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova

Krotki - 1/22/2010 3:23:29 AM

My keyboard map is set to polish programmer's setting. I have no problems with keyboard whatsoever nor with the polish characters.

I only wanted to say that kentico doesn't recognizes ctrl+s from ctrl+alt+s in javascript and this two combinations leads to save event.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 1/22/2010 4:37:09 AM

Hello,

it is the by design (requested) behavior. I was trying to help you to write the special ś char by another way.

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova

Krotki - 1/22/2010 7:46:01 AM

Because copy and paste method was inconvenient form I traced the event and managed to solve it in code. If someone in future will find it somehow disturbing here's what should be done:

Locate file CMSScripts/shortcuts.js and change line 17 from

if (!evt || !evt.ctrlKey) {

to

if (!evt || !evt.ctrlKey || evt.altKey) {

And that's it. Everybody happy :)

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 1/22/2010 7:57:39 AM

Hello,

Thank you for the solution, maybe it will help someone else.

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova