Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 5.x > Portal Engine > problem with Notification Email of ContactUs BizForm View modes: 
f-AiBo - 2/12/2010 7:00:06 AM

problem with Notification Email of ContactUs BizForm
Hi,
I have a problem with the Notification Email of a BizForm ContactUs. I would like to receive the messeges that users write on the form on my Webmail.

I’ve set CMSDesk -> Tools -> BizForms -> Contattaci -> Notification Email in the following way:
From Email: {%Email%}
To Email: info@asdbacigalupo.it
Subject: Notify: someone has written on site form

But nothing happens and no mail was delivered on info@asdbacigalupo.it.

I checked in log files too and there’s nothing. I’ve red the Developers Guide and it says exactly the things I did.

How can I fix the problem? Is a limitation of the Free Edition?

f-AiBo - 2/17/2010 9:52:26 AM

RE:problem with Notification Email of ContactUs BizForm
Nobody could help me?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 2/22/2010 6:56:35 AM

Hello.

Can you please check that you have properly set up your SMTP server - http://devnet.kentico.com/docs/devguide/smtp_server_configuration.htm? Also, are you able to send test e-mail from Site Manager -> Administration -> System -> E-mail? If the SMTP server is properly configured, can you please double check that the email is not in your Junk email, or blocked by spam filter? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik

f-AiBo - 2/24/2010 9:44:03 AM

Ok, I set up my SMTP server.
If I send a test e-mail from Site Manager all seems ok. But If I write a message on the bizform I keep on receive nothing. I receive my message only if I go to Site Manager and send a new test e-mail. By this way, on my WebMail panel I receive both messages. Antispam doesn't filter anything.
Very strange, isn't it?!

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 3/4/2010 8:52:17 AM

Hello.

Are you using e-mail queue? Could you please go to Site Manager -> Settings -> (select particular web site) -> E-mails section, enable "Enable e-mail queue" property and set some value to "Archive e-mails (days)" property (e.g. 5)? Then, try to submit some bizform and take a look into Site Manager -> Administration -> E-mail queue and check "E-mail queue" and "Sent e-mails" tabs, if you will see your email here? Thank you.

Best Regards,
Radek Macalik