Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 5.x > Portal Engine > CMSRepeater With Articles; displaying list of all articles on article page itself View modes: 
ed_giardina-jackmorton - 4/26/2010 2:00:22 PM

CMSRepeater With Articles; displaying list of all articles on article page itself
Hello Kentico Community:

I am working on a CMS implementation in Kentico, and I have one page (called Newsletters) that has a CMSRepeater on it. As sub-items to that page, I have several Articles. The CMSRepeater reads the articles as its data source, and when a user clicks on a link generated by the repeater, they are taken to the article. The problem is, I would like the articles themselves to also contain that same list of links that the repeater generates, so users could jump from article to article. I'm not sure how to do this, since the transformations apply to individual items, and I'm unsure how to include the links inside these transformations (or should I make a change somehow to the parent template that the header (the 'Newsletters' template is a custom aspx page).

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

- Ed

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_martind - 4/28/2010 2:35:50 AM

RE:CMSRepeater With Articles; displaying list of all articles on article page itself
Hi Ed,

You can add another repeater into template that you set to be displayed only on documents of type 'CMS.Article'. You will configure this repeater the same way like the one on the 'Newsletters' page (i.e. to display the same articles) just leave the 'Selected item transformation' property blank so there is the list of articles displayed and not the detail.

Best Regards,

Martin Dobsicek