Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 5.x > Portal Engine > Subscription confirmation in New Newsletter screen View modes: 
Chanan - 2/7/2011 12:16:15 PM

Subscription confirmation in New Newsletter screen
Hello,

I am trying to create a new newsletter, however that screen has a drop down next to the required field: Subscription confirmation. In my case this drop down is empty and I cannot find any info about what should be in that dropdown or how to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Chanan

kentico_michal - 2/8/2011 4:13:13 AM

RE:Subscription confirmation in New Newsletter screen
Hi Chanan,

Subscription confirmation templates can be created in CMS Desk -> Tools -> Newsletters -> Templates. If you click New template, you will be asked to select Template type. You will need to choose Subscription confirmation option in order to create new subscription confirmation template.

Best regards,
Michal Legen

Chanan - 2/8/2011 9:00:15 AM

Thanks, I will check that out. Might want to update the documentation :)

Chanan - 2/8/2011 9:24:15 AM

FYI - there is a tiny bug in the New Newsletter form which has an easy work around. I have not defined any newsletter template since I am going to use a dynamic newsletter, however the form still requires you to enter a template.

Chanan

kentico_michal - 2/9/2011 6:54:36 AM

Hi,

Well, this is by design behavior and you need to specify Subscription confirmation template as well as Unsubscription confirmation template.

Please read following article to get more information about Newsletter templates

Best regards,
Michal Legen

Chanan - 2/9/2011 8:23:05 AM

Thank you, but I understood that part. That is NOT the tiny bug I was referring to. The field: Newsletter Template is required even when Dynamic newsletter is selected. That is a bug.

Regards,
Chanan

kentico_michal - 2/10/2011 8:19:09 AM

Hi Chanan,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue. Regrettably, this really seems to be a bug in the current version. I'm very sorry for this inconvenience. We will try fix it in the nearest version or in the next hotfix package for this particular Kentico CMS version.

Best regards,
Michal Legen