Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 5.x > Portal Engine > Problem Loding Editable text Webpart on my cmsdesk View modes: 
v.tankaria-yahoo - 4/14/2011 4:48:31 AM

Problem Loding Editable text Webpart on my cmsdesk
i have added Editable text webpart in my template .but the editable text was allowing me to edit text into it while in on Page mode in cms desk . but i dont know how from yesterday it is not allowing me to add anything and it is blocked .
While im on Design mode and i configure the editable text webpart then also Default text is block in it .
This is happening since yest . what could have been changed .??? how should i make the editable text to let me edit text ,.??

When im on Page Mode something comes like this .
"This is an edit mode of document Publications.Close the edit mode. "

when i click close, it says the page is not yet fully loded ? what could be the issue. reply soon its urgent

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ivanat - 4/14/2011 6:41:32 AM

RE:Problem Loding Editable text Webpart on my cmsdesk
Hi,

Could you please answer following questions?

1. Which version (hotfix) of Kentico CMS you are using?
2. Could you please confirm that you are using Portal Engine (i.e. inserted editable text webpart in the Design tab). In case you are using ASPX template please share the code of your template with us.
3. In which browser (and which version) have you tried to edit the content of the editable text webpart?
4. If you try to open the CMS Desk in another browser is the behavior the same?
5. If you add a new editable text webpart, are you able to edit the content?
6. Are you using some custom javascripts on your site?
7. Could you please check the Event Log (Site Manager - Administration) if there is not some relevant error message?
8. Have you try to restart the application (Site Manager - Administration - System)?

Thank you for information.

Best regards,
Ivana Tomanickova

v.tankaria-yahoo - 4/14/2011 7:14:36 AM

1. version of Kentico v5.5.3996 R2
2. i have checked my cmsdesk in mozilla latest updated version . then google crome .
But in google crome im able to enter text in "default Text " after clicking to configuration of editable text .that doesnot work in mozilla .
3. When the cmsdesk is fully loded in my browser i saw the code in tht the javascript code says this :

/ #1645: Alert the user if opening FCKeditor in FF3 from local filesystem
// without security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy disabled.
if (document.location.protocol == 'file:') {
try {
window.parent.document.domain;
}
catch (e) {
window.addEventListener('load', function() {
document.body.innerHTML = '\
<div style="border: 1px red solid; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; color: red; padding:10px;">\
<p>\
<b>Your browser security settings don\'t allow FCKeditor to be opened from\
the local filesystem.<\/b>\
<\/p>\
<p>\
Please open the <b>about:config<\/b> page and disable the\
"security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy" option; then load this page again.\
<\/p>\
<p>\
Check our <a href="http://docs.fckeditor.net/FCKeditor_2.x/Developers_Guide/FAQ#ff3perms">FAQ<\/a>\
for more information.\
<\/p>\
<\/div>';
}, false);
}
}

4. the edit text problem which im facing occured yest evening . i logged in today morning again . so i guess the application was restarted has i had logged out yestarday .

v.tankaria-yahoo - 4/14/2011 7:15:55 AM

1. version of Kentico v5.5.3996 R2
2. i have checked my cmsdesk in mozilla latest updated version . then google crome .
But in google crome im able to enter text in "default Text " after clicking to configuration of editable text .that doesnot work in mozilla .
3. When the cmsdesk is fully loded in my browser i saw the code in tht the javascript code says this :

/ #1645: Alert the user if opening FCKeditor in FF3 from local filesystem
// without security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy disabled.
if (document.location.protocol == 'file:') {
try {
window.parent.document.domain;
}
catch (e) {
window.addEventListener('load', function() {
document.body.innerHTML = '\
<div style="border: 1px red solid; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; color: red; padding:10px;">\
<p>\
<b>Your browser security settings don\'t allow FCKeditor to be opened from\
the local filesystem.<\/b>\
<\/p>\
<p>\
Please open the <b>about:config<\/b> page and disable the\
"security.fileuri.strict_origin_policy" option; then load this page again.\
<\/p>\
<p>\
Check our <a href="http://docs.fckeditor.net/FCKeditor_2.x/Developers_Guide/FAQ#ff3perms">FAQ<\/a>\
for more information.\
<\/p>\
<\/div>';
}, false);
}
}
5. when i added new editable web part . then too had the same problem .
6. i have added editable text web part in design mode to a webpartzone .

7. the edit text problem which im facing occured yest evening . i logged in today morning again . so i guess the application was restarted has i had logged out yestarday

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_ivanat - 4/15/2011 10:14:30 AM

Hi,

1. Could you please try to clear the cookies?
2. Could you please try to login under another account. Maybe somebody changed your permissions and now you are not allowed to edit the content.
3. Another possible cause of the issue is that there is some javascript error on your page. You could use for example firebug] tool to see if there is something strange on the page.

4. Could you please grant us with an access to your site (send it to support@kentico.com with reference to this thread) in case any of above suggestions help.

Best regards,
Ivana Tomanickova