Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 5.x > Portal Engine > Registration double opt-in / email activation not executing UserRegistration.aspx View modes: 
jhoppe - 4/21/2011 4:38:11 PM

Registration double opt-in / email activation not executing UserRegistration.aspx
I have users activating their account by clicking on a link in a post registration email. The user clicks on the link in the email, which then enables their account. This works great.

However, after activation, I want to send the user an email and show them some content on the page. On this page, I have the Registration e-mail confirmation web part on the page. It displays the custom text when the user activates. However, I want to include more content in the page and send an email.

According to http://www.kentico.com/Docs/DevGuide/index.html?available_registration_web_parts.htm, it seems as though I can put this content in ~/CMSPages/Dialogs/UserRegistration.aspx. However, this page is never being run.

What's the deal?!?!

Thanks! Joe Hoppe

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_radekm - 5/16/2011 1:32:15 AM

RE:Registration double opt-in / email activation not executing UserRegistration.aspx
Hello.

So, you have „Registration requires e-mail confirmation” setting enabled for your site in Site Manager / Settings section and when user registers, she receives confirmation email with text and link like this:

Thank you for registering at our site. Please click the link below to complete your registration:
http://domain.com/CMSPages/Dialogs/UserRegistration.aspx?userguid=fe5deeaf-7c3e-4515-8d70-6e38ec93a587

Now, you are saying when user clicks given link, her account is enabled („The user clicks on the link in the email, which then enables their account. This works great.“), BUT given page (UserRegistration.aspx) does not load („this page is never being run.“)? Did I understand problem properly? If not, correct me, please.

What exactly can you see if you click registration confirmation link below registration e-mail, please? Can you see text below (1), some other text or some error? Can you clarify?

(1)
Your registration has been approved. Now you are able to login using your username and password. Your user account is now active. You can sign in using your user name and password. Click here to continue

Thank you.