Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 5.x > Portal Engine > Kentico 5.5 Required document no longer exists, please select another document View modes: 
slowtalkinguy - 5/11/2011 7:29:25 PM

Kentico 5.5 Required document no longer exists, please select another document
I have a Kentico 5.5 site and some custom document types. When trying to edit the HomePage in CMSDesk it says Required document no longer exists, please select another document.

I have not deleted the HomePage but the document type was missing. So I restored the document type by exporting and importing from another of my sites. The error is still present.

When I create a new Homepage with the same document type it shows the this site has no content please go to cmsdesk

Is there something wrong with my document type or is my DB just ruined?

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 5/16/2011 3:56:28 AM

RE:Kentico 5.5 Required document no longer exists, please select another document
Hi,

What were the changes right before the first error occured? It seems there is some inconsistence and we need to know what lead to it. Could you please check whether this document exists in CMS_Document table, if there is a node for this document in CMS_Tree table and a if there are any records, data for this document in the custom document type table?

The second problem - please check Site Manager -> Settings -> Web site what is set as Default alias path for you site. Also, please check the culture settings for your site and documents.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus

slowtalkinguy - 5/16/2011 4:19:16 PM

RE:Kentico 5.5 Required document no longer exists, please select another document
Hi,

There was an import of a separate document type before this error. I looked in the database and the page is in both CMS_Tree and CMS_Document but not in the custom document type table.

Thanks for your help

Kentico Support
Kentico Support
kentico_jurajo - 5/23/2011 9:39:34 AM

Hi,

It seems there is some inconsistency in the DB - the missing record in the document type table is very strange. Could you please try to clear the records from CMS_Tree and CMS_Document tables? Or, if it is possible to send us backup of the database to our support so we can investigate it, that would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Juraj Ondrus