Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 5.x > Portal Engine > Forum module - questions View modes: 
lior - 5/30/2011 4:12:22 AM

Forum module - questions
I have two question regarding the Forum module:

1. Can I use tags on forum posts / threads, so I can easily search posts by tags? Like tags on document nodes. If not is there an easy way to create something similar?

2. I realized that there is a significant difference between thread views and the page views that appear on Google analytics, is there a different logic behind the thread views, the thread view is a lot higher than in Google. Can I change the logic if there is a difference in counting visitors?

Thanks.

Kentico Developer
Kentico Developer
kentico_helenag - 5/30/2011 6:22:31 AM

RE:Forum module - questions
Hello,

1. Regrettably, we do not support that functionality. I would recommend you to integrate a 3rd party forum module, if you need that because the customization would be not easy in this case. However, I have suggested this feature to our product manager and he will consider that to next versions. If you want to try to customize the forum module, please send us the standard ticket to support@kentico.com and we will provide you with some hints.

2. Our thread views are logged in:

~\CMSModules\Forums\Controls\ForumDivider.ascx.cs

by the method: ThreadViewCounter.LogThreadView. I am not sure how exactly k Google analytics work. Maybe they do not count repeated accesses from one IP address whilst the thread view counts.

Best regards,
Helena Grulichova