Portal Engine Questions on portal engine and web parts.
Version 5.x > Portal Engine > CustomTableControl and Date&Time format View modes: 
Phil - 5/27/2011 5:48:50 AM

CustomTableControl and Date&Time format
Hello Kentico!

I´ve created one Custom Table with 3 attributes (ItemDate, ItemEventID, ItemNotes). One attribute (ItemDate) type is set to "Date & Time" and it´s Field type is set to "Calendar". Boxes "Edit time" and "View actual time" are unchecked.

I show the table using CustomTableDatalist. But there are 2 problems.

1) The field (ItemDate) shows this format (e.g 12.05.2011 0:00:00) - Why is there the stupid time? :-)

2) I have 10 pages, which names coresponding with EventID. Please, would you give me some hint, how to filter the CustomTable´s content by EventID?
On page ~/Events/5.aspx i have to show Date and Notes from EventID 5.

Thank you!
Best regards,
Phil

P.S. Můžete odpovídat v češtině :-)

Phil - 5/28/2011 11:59:50 AM

RE:CustomTableControl and Date&Time format
No ideas? :-(

lancetek - 5/28/2011 12:54:35 PM

I'll try to help, but I've never used custom tables.

The Custom Table Datalist has a 'WHERE condition' field undre 'Content filter', I'd put the restriction I wanted there. Go look in your database to see what the field names are and use something like 'eventId = 6' to try to restrict to eventId #6. The field also has a litte black arrow just to the left of it, and there you can build your own macro expression, to maybe dynamically read a query parameter (like if you wanted to look for the page name in your example of 5.aspx) and use that in the WHERE condition.

Lance

Kentico Consulting
Kentico Consulting
kentico_borisp - 5/30/2011 2:37:49 AM

Hello,

Thanks Lance for the help. Here are my suggestions:

1) The date can be formatted if you use it in a transformation. For example:

<%# GetDateTime("NewsReleaseDate", "MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm") %>

It really depends where and how you are displaying the date.

2) A basic approach would be to use the WHERE condition as Lance wrote. To get the id (here the name of the page) you can use a custom macro and extract the name from the NodeAliasPath. or you can directly use on of the following macros to get the document name or the node name:

{%currentpageinfo.documentname%}

PS: We have to answer in English so others understand what's going on and it may also help them to solve their problems.

Best regards,
Boris Pocatko

Phil - 5/31/2011 4:05:30 PM

;-) It works perfectly.
Thanks